Understanding brand equity of essential cough management brand and possible line extension
The Scope –
- Our client had a top-performing cough management brand; however, in the recent past, the brand developed some issues.
- This led to the damaging of the brand name.
- Hence the client wanted to understand the brand equity and further check for line extension with a new formulation that does not cause addiction.
The Methodology –
- The methodologies used were, qualitative IDI’s with users of the brand (consumers)
- Extensive quantitative brand management survey with ENT’s, Paediatricians, GP, CP, and chemists.
The Outcome –
- The findings provided a detailed understanding of the addiction issue and critical markets for the same.
- Detailed brand equity was carried out to understand the goodwill of the brand, which showed high awareness/ usage but poor NPS and ITP, which was characteristic of a declining brand.
- Further line extension into – various formats, formulation, and flavor, was done. The client re-launched the brand in 6 months and re-established its position.