Getting insights on end to end sales process at car dealerships
The Scope –
- The client, post-launch of the latest variant in their B category of cars wished to understand the end to end sales process followed at the dealership for a car sale.
- The process started with the customer’s first contact with the dealership through phone/web until the last follow up call made to the customer post his actual visit to the dealership.
The Methodology –
- The entire process was a mystery shopping exercise conducted at 40 dealerships in Delhi NCR, and Mumbai for three months in a row.
- Initial telecall/inquiry through the web was made, which was followed by an actual visit to the dealership
- The dealership was asked to provide a test drive at consumers’ place.
- This was followed by attending follow up calls if made by the dealerships.
The Outcome –
- As an output of this exercise, the efficacy of raising web-based inquiries was checked. Feedback was shared with the client in terms of whether a call back was received or not.
- During the actual visit, insights were generated on the promotion of the latest variant, sales pitch followed, knowledge level of sales exec and overall dealership infrastructure.
- Specific feedback was given on individual sales representatives so that customized training could be planned to enhance the customer experience.