Checking discount violations during car sale process at dealerships
The Scope –
- Our client, a major car manufacturer, had an understanding that their dealers all over India were giving additional discounts over and above what the company was already offering. This resulted in a disparity in the market.
- This tracking study was undertaken to identify such dealerships so that suitable action can be taken.
- The study was conducted through a mystery shopping exercise, covering around ten dealerships every month all over the country.
The Methodology –
- The study was conducted for three different car segments Hatchbacks, Sedans, and SUVs
- The methodology used was telephonic interviews, followed by store visits.
- A total of 180 store visits were done across India.
The Outcome –
- Dealerships offering the violations on the discount offered in various segments of cars were identified.
- Documentary proof, along with audio/video recordings, was provided to authenticate the findings.
- This not only helped the client in curbing the mal-practice among the dealers but also for setting an example for other dealerships.
- Apart from this, insights on the sales process were also provided in terms of explanation of variant features, test drive offered, follow up calls, etc.